The City of Burien offers regular status employees a generous benefit package that includes:
- 8 Hours* sick leave per month,
- 8 - 14 Hours* vacation leave per month depending upon longevity,
- 12 Paid holidays, including a floating holiday,
- Two Retirement Funds - a 401(a) account (Social Security Replacement Plan) and the Public Employees Retirement System plan,
- Employer paid long term disability,
- Employer paid life insurance equal to the employee's annual salary,
- Employer paid dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and dependents,
- Employer paid medical insurance for employee*,
- 90% Employer paid medical insurance for spouse/domestic partner and dependents*,
- Employee sponsored deferred compensation fund (optional),
- Employee Roth IRA contributions through payroll, and
- Qualified Tax-free Commuter Expense Reimbursement Program.
* = Benefit pro-rated for part-time employees.
Employees may choose Group Health medical coverage, Regence Blue Shield medical coverage or high deductible health plan coverage. All of the plans are administered by the Association of Washington Cities Benefit Trust.
Employees may choose either Washington Dental Service or Willamette Dental of Washington dental coverage. The Willamette Dental plan includes orthodontia coverage. Both plans are administered by the Association of Washington Cities Benefit Trust.