The City of Burien is home to an active film community. Production crews have filmed here (see list below), directors of national prominence started out here, and the community's cinephiles have come together to organize the Burien Film Festival and monthly Film Happy Hours!
Films made in Burien, around Burien, or by Burienites:
- “The Maury Island Incident,” shot at the Tin Room Bar during the summer of 2013.
- “Your Sister’s Sister,” shot at the Countryside Cafe when it was “Germaine’s Country Kitchen,” and Directed by Lynn Shelton.
- “Safety Not Guaranteed,” shot at Highline High School and Grocery Outlet on SW 152nd (NOTE: Colin Trevorrow, the Director of this film, has moved onto a new project – with a slightly higher budget – called “Jurassic World”!).
- "The Off Hours," directed by Megan Griffiths.
- "Manic Pixie Dream Wife,"created by Highline School graduate M. Elizabeth Eller.
- "Every Beautiful Thing," shot at the Countryside Cafe (local blog coverage here)
Festivals and Cultural Events:
Please note: These events are organized and presented by community members and do not represent the City of Burien.
- BUFO Fest
- Burien Film Festival Check the website for additional details and announcements!
- Film Office Happy Hour - This free event takes place from 5:30 - 7:00 on the 1st Tuesday of each month at the Tin Room Bar & Theater in Burien. Filmmakers, artists, and film buffs of all ages are welcome to come by, meet others with an interest in film, and learn about film in the region. The next Happy Hour is June 7, 2016!