Strategic Plan 2017-2020
You are here:
Select a Category
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Burien Planning Commission Application
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
1. Why are you interested in serving on the Planning Commission?
2. Describe the role of the Planning Commission. What priorities should the Planning Commission focus on in the next three to four years?
3. What unique skills and relevant experience would you bring to the work of the Planning Commission? Please specifically address your experience in working collaboratively with others on policy related matters.
4. What community activities or other experience do you bring to this position, including leadership roles?
5. How would you deal with a significant disagreement in a public setting among Planning Commission members?
6. What is your opinion on maintaining and enhancing the viability of Burien’s residential areas, including protecting our existing housing stock?
7. What is your opinion on encouraging development in Burien’s Urban Center to create an attractive and vibrant place to work, shop and live?
8. If you were appointed to the Planning Commission, do you see the potential for a conflict of interest claim based on any personal interest you may have? What would you do to address a perceived conflict of interest?
9. In Burien, Planning Commissioners do not have the authority from City Council to speak for the City in any written or oral communications. Using your title as a Planning Commission member in your communications may create the perception that you are speaking for the City. Do you understand this restriction and acknowledge that there will be consequences for violations?
Are you available for evening meetings?
Please submit a current resume:
City of Burien residency is required for most positions. For more information, please contact the City Clerk at (206) 248-5517.
Leave This Blank:
Receive email copy
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Hi, I'm KAM. Click me to edit.
400 SW 152nd St, Suite 300
Burien, WA 98166
Ph: (206) 241-4647
Fax: (206) 248-5539
City Hall Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm