Strategic Plan 2017-2020
You are here:
Select a Category
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Burien Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Application
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
1. Why are you interested in serving on the Burien Parks and Recreation Advisory Board?
2. What community activities or other experience do you bring to this position, including leadership roles?
3. What skills and relevant experience would you bring to the work of the Board?
4. Is there a particular set of issues or parks & recreation related matters that most interest you (i.e., playgrounds, sports, conservation, etc.)?
5. How would you deal with a disagreement in a board setting?
6. Which Burien Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department or City policy-related programs or events have you attended?
7. What is your vision for parks and recreation in Burien?
8. If you were appointed to the Advisory Board, do you see the potential for a conflict of interest claim based on any personal interest you may have?
9. In our City, Commissioners and Advisory Board members do not have the authority from City Council to speak for the City in any written or oral communications. Using your title as a Parks Board Member, your communications may create the perception that you are speaking for the City. Do you understand and agree that if you do, you may be asked to leave your position?
Are you available for evening meetings?
Please submit a current resume:
City of Burien residency is required for most positions. For more information, please contact the City Clerk at (206) 248-5517.
Leave This Blank:
Receive email copy
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Hi, I'm KAM. Click me to edit.
400 SW 152nd St, Suite 300
Burien, WA 98166
Ph: (206) 241-4647
Fax: (206) 248-5539
City Hall Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm