Burien Washington

Go To Search
Can I cut a tree on my property?
For undeveloped/vacant lots, tree removal is not allowed until time of development. For developed, private lots, tree removal and pruning require a permit if the property is located within a critical area (steep slope, stream or wetland area, erosion hazard area or seismic hazard area). Additional information about tree cutting and pruning permits can be found in Chapter 19.25 of the Zoning Code.

Community Development

Show All Answers

1. Can I cut a tree on my property?
2. How can I find the exact location of the property lines for a particular piece of property?
3. How do I find out what the zoning is for a particular piece of property located within Burien city limits?
4. How do I find out if there is a critical area on my property?
5. What does it mean if I have a critical area located on my property?
6. What are the allowed uses, setbacks, height and area requirements of a particular zone?
7. How long does it take to get a permit?
8. Does Burien have its own electrical inspection department?

400 SW 152nd St, Suite 300  /  Burien, WA 98166  /  Ph: (206) 241-4647  /  Fax: (206) 248-5539
Home  /  Contact Us  /  Sitemap  /  Translate Spanish  /  Accessibility  /  City Facilities  /  Copyright  /  Powered by CivicPlus
City Hall Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm