Burien Washington

Go To Search
How do I request an inspection?
Permit holders now have 3 ways to request building inspections. Requests must be made before 7am on the day of the requested inspection. You will need to provide your permit number, address, phone number, contact person, and the type of inspection(s) you need. You may also leave a message for any special requests such as a call from the inspector to let you know the approximate time of the inspection.

You can request an inspection by:
> Calling (206) 248-5525.

> Online at the City of Burien website
Select I want to – Request - Request an Inspection.
Follow instructions.

> Online at www.mybuildingpermit.com
Select Request an inspection
Follow instructions

The differences between the City online inspection request and MyBuildingPermit.com are:
> Requests made on the City website are for City of Burien and City of Normandy Park inspections only.

> City of Burien Inspection requests includes Right of Way request with 24 hour notice.

> City of Burien site allows the requester to list any permit number and fill in any address without validation.

> MyBuildingPermit.com is linked with our permit tracking software, so only valid active permit numbers and addresses will work. If someone is trying to request an inspection and has the wrong permit number, they can search by address to find the correct permit number. Contractor’s who use the site frequently will have no problem with the site, but homeowners working on their own project within the City of Burien might find it easier to use the City of Burien requests.

> MyBuildingPermit.com allows a contractor to request inspections in multiple jurisdictions of member cities.


Show All Answers

1. How long will it take to get a permit?
2. During what hours is construction noise allowed in the City of Burien?
3. How do I request an inspection?
4. When can I expect an inspection?
5. Where can I find the status of my plan review, permit, or inspection results?
6. Does the City of Burien require insulation and drywall inspections?
7. What is the difference between the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC)?
8. What are the Building Codes used in the City of Burien?
9. What are the Climatic & Geographic Design Criteria, IRC Table R301.2 (1), for the International Residential Code (IRC) in Burien?
10. What are the IBC design criteria?
11. I plan to add some electrical circuits to my existing house wiring. Do I need an electrical permit?
12. Does Burien have electrical service undergrounding requirements?
13. My furnace failed and since it was a Saturday, I bought a new one exactly like the old one and installed it myself. The weather was cold and my family needed heat. Am I going to be fined for install
14. I bought a new water heater at a local hardware store. Is installing a water heater considered to be a minor repair?
15. The trap on my kitchen sink is leaking. Do I need to get a permit to repair or replace it?
16. I am replacing the existing toilet in my bathroom. Do I need to get a permit?
17. Do I need a permit to replace an existing sink in my kitchen with a new sink?
18. Do I need a permit to relocate plumbing fixtures from one area to another?
19. Are Fire Sprinklers required to be installed in a Single Family Residences?
20. Are Fire Sprinklers required to be installed in Townhomes?

400 SW 152nd St, Suite 300  /  Burien, WA 98166  /  Ph: (206) 241-4647  /  Fax: (206) 248-5539
Home  /  Contact Us  /  Sitemap  /  Translate Spanish  /  Accessibility  /  City Facilities  /  Copyright  /  Powered by CivicPlus
City Hall Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm