Burien Washington

Go To Search
Are permit fees refundable?
Applicants may apply for refunds when an application or permit is withdrawn or canceled prior to commencing of any review or inspection process. The Building Official shall determine whether a refund is appropriate. Refunds shall be based on the following:
A. Refunds shall be requested in writing, on company letterhead (if applicable), by the original applicant and must include the permit number and the date of the initial permit application.
B. Refunds shall only be issued to the company or person who made the original payment.
C. 100% of any fee erroneously paid or collected shall be refunded, regardless of amount.
D. Permit applications requiring Plan Review that are withdrawn or cancelled before any Plan Review is done may have not more than 80% of the Plan Review Fee refunded.
E. Permits that have been issued may have not more than 80% of the Permit Fee refunded if withdrawn or cancelled before any work on the project has been done. Note that no portion of the Plan Review fee shall be refunded on Permits that have been issued.
F. No portion of the Washington State Building Code Fee shall be refunded.
G. Refunds must be requested not later than 180 days after the date of fee payment.

Permit Center

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a permit?
2. How long will it take to get a permit?
3. When is it OK to do work without a permit?
4. If I am only adding is an interior non-bearing wall, do I need a permit?
5. Are permit fees refundable?
6. Do I need an appointment to apply for a permit?
7. May I start work before my permit is issued?
8. Do I need a permit to build a deck?
9. Is a permit required for a detached storage/play shed?
10. When is a Demolition Permit required?
11. May I pay extra to expedite my permit?
12. May I build my house or addition myself?
13. May I draw my own plans or do I need an architect?
14. When do I need to hire an engineer?
15. Who has to pick up the building permit?
16. May I mail in permits and fees?
17. We are painting the exterior of our house. Is a permit required for this?
18. How long is my permit valid?
19. How do I extend my permit?
20. What do I need to know when hiring a contractor or remodeler?

400 SW 152nd St, Suite 300  /  Burien, WA 98166  /  Ph: (206) 241-4647  /  Fax: (206) 248-5539
Home  /  Contact Us  /  Sitemap  /  Translate Spanish  /  Accessibility  /  City Facilities  /  Copyright  /  Powered by CivicPlus
City Hall Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm